We know that you will have lots of fun using our website to learn at home and school.
Some links will take you away from the Ellingham pages and we all know how important it is to stay safe online so here are the school’s E-safety rules for you to follow:
Keeping safe: stop, think, before you click!
12 rules for responsible ICT use
- I will only use the school’s computers for schoolwork and homework.
- I will only delete my own files.
- I will not look at other people’s files without their permission.
- I will keep my login and password secret.
- I will not bring files into school without permission.
- I will ask permission from a member of staff before using the Internet and will not visit Internet sites I know to be banned by the school. I understand that the school may check my files and may monitor the Internet sites I visit.
- I will only e-mail people I know, or my teacher has approved.
- The messages I send, or information I upload, will always be polite and sensible.
- I will not open an attachment, or download a file, unless I have permission or I know and trust the person who has sent it.
- I will not give my home address, phone number, send a photograph or video, or give any other personal information that could be used to identify me, my family or my friends, unless my teacher has given permission.
- I will never arrange to meet someone I have only ever previously met on the Internet or by email or in a chat room, unless my parent, guardian or teacher has given me permission and I take a responsible adult with me.
- If I see anything I am unhappy with or I receive a message I do not like, I will not respond to it but I will tell a teacher / responsible adult.